EAT is a school lunch concept, which keep children’s nutritional needs, their taste buds and visual understanding of food in mind. The aim of EAT is to develop an enjoyable, healthy food culture in schools in Copenhagen, where the combination of good produce and the love of food contributes with the right nutrients and give the students a sense of satisfaction.
How does EAT work?
EAT is a school lunch concept that provides schools with
readymade menus consisting of two different hot meals and one
sandwich to choose from every day. The menus have been carefully
developed by some of the best cooks in the country, and special
attention is given to creating a nutritional balanced died for
children. Every day, schools receive meals, cooked from scratch at
a large production kitchen. The kitchen staff at the production
kitchens has been carefully trained in cooking healthy food with
This constellation makes it possible for schools without
canteens to provide healthy food for the students, and parents can
rest assured their children are getting the best nutritional basis
for a day with high learning potential.
EAT is food for students that:
- Tastes good, is nicely presented, is healthy and made with
- Combines the demand for good taste and modern knowledge of
public health and wellbeing
- Cultivates the joy of food and the atmosphere around the
- Adapts to the cultural diversity of the schools
- Consists of 75 % organic and fresh seasonal produce
- Has a high nutritional quality and calculated in accordance to
the Nordic Nutrition Recommendations